• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Hello

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: none

New Member Hello

Post by Yummy »

Hello everyone,
I'm interested in buying a used Albin, either a 28 TE "Newport", a 31 or a 32 CB, that's why I decided to join-in and participate in this forum. Your discussions seem very interesting and I hope they will help me make the right choice!
Thanks,
Yummy.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member Hello

Post by whwells »

Welcome Yummy to AOG: You will find lots of help here in the group. All of the boats you are considering are great ones. Nice thing about the 28te is it can be towed. However the extra living space of the larger boats is a great set off. Personally, I looked at all and got carried away with the 35TE. Really liked the 31 as well. Have not seen the 32CB up close. Know several 28 & 31 owners and they all love the boats.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Yummy »

Thanks Howard,
What I'm looking for is difficult. On the one hand I'm looking for two separate spaces for sleeping (the 32 is ideal for that as it has 2 separate cabins, the 28 Newport could be so too with the expandable pilothouse sofa in mind ); the quarter bed down below is not a choice as it is in the same space with the twin bed in the bow. On the other hand I'm looking for the most economic proposition; the 28 Newport is too recent for this! I was thinking into turning a normal 28 flushdeck into a Newport configuration through ..advanced carpenting, but, there seems to be a problem with the floor, namely the central fish box that's in the way. So I thought of a somehow convertible L shaped sofa, but still, there doesn't seem enough space on the floor (aroung the fishbox) to position the verticals. I wouldn't want to eliminate the fish box altogether as I will need it for storage. The 2 smaller side boxes are a problem too as they are not shaped as in the Newport version, but this may be a smaller issue. The pilothouse sofa in the 31, on the other hand, had it not had those triangular endings that limit the usable sleeping space could be a solution, but I wouldn't go for a twin screw at all. It isn't al that simple, is it?! Any ideas will be dully appreciated.
Thanks,
Yummy.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

There was a Newport at Bellngham Yachats in Wa. state that looked really good. It did not last a weekend on the market. However, it really looked like a nice set up. Sounds like you have given it some serious thought.
There must be some 28 owner's out there who can tell you about modification. Wondering how much space you wll have left after doing so? Seems to me you can modify the 31 into a let out couch/bed? They are moe spendy and fewer around. Suggest you make up a floor plan and post to the group for comment that have the 28th. You may get some good answers.
whwells
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Have you considered the 30 FC? It is basically a 28 TE with an aft cabin.
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Yummy
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Yummy »

Thanks Howard and Kathylsails,

Yes, the 30', if only the aft cabin didn't always get in the way when going in and out of the sea, and it's that dinghy too... Thanks anyway!
Yummy.

Return to “New Member Introductions”