• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new member/old powerboater

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
dan mauer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Red Bluff, Ca.

new member/old powerboater

Post by dan mauer »

Hello everybody,My name is Dan but my grandkids call me capt'n. Wife(Linda) and I live in Red Bluff,Ca.,but our boating area is the pacific northwest.We've been almost everwhere in the inside passage over the last 20 years.Next week a hauler will be delivering a 1979 Albin 36 project boat to our residence for what I'm estimating will be a two year restoration.Our plan is to make it right and pretty then have it hauled north for our summer floating home untill we get tired of Alaska and B.C. We'll live on it 6 months at a time. I have admired the 36 for years and now I'm proud to be a owner.Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help that any of you might offer. Capt'n Dan
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: new member/old powerboater

Post by DougSea »

Welcome aboard Dan!

Good to have you here. I'll be looking forward to your restoration.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Welcome. Oh boy a labor of love. Make sure you smell the roses along the way.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome Dan: Looks like a fun project and your travel goals as well. We are nearly neighbors. My home residence is Trinidad, Ca which you know to be just across the mountains from you on Hwy 299. Actually, my 2-3 day per month work schedule takes me through Redding/Red Bluff to Yuba City where I previously worked 25 years. Now work just enough to make fuel money, but then that is getting harder.

My Albiin is coming from Ontario, Can to Vancouver and will be moored in Anacortes, Wa. Expect to do some of the same cruise area's you discuss.

Best of Luck in your project. My last boat is forsale in Gig Harbor, Wa. Do you get to Trinidad from time to time/ Like to hear how your project goes.

whwells
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Dan. We look forward to tracking your restoration progress.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Made a stop in Red Bluff today to meet these new members Dan & Linda. Short response - wonderful couple and very knowledgeable boater. They have some serious work ahead on clean up and redo but the boat is solid and looking at some of his other work - it will be brand new when done in a couple years. Enjoyed a cold beer, viewing the boat and conservation about their experiences in the San Juans to Alaska. Makes you want to be there right now. They have a Sea Ray 28' forsale. Don't get any nicer than that. Expect to stop and watch their progress from time to time and one day to see them up north boating. The Leaman engines looked new with only 1300 hrs since new. Boat just needs lots of elbow grease and it will shine agiain.
whwels "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”