• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

No power to Windlass Albin 28

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Warren
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Glovertown NL Canada

No power to Windlass Albin 28

Post by Warren »

The Windlass was working fine ;however last time I used it the power was intermittant ...Now no power at all...where is the main source of power coming from ??? there is a black junction bow in the anchor line well ....checked with a meter on the pos. and neg . but no power ....any suggestions??
Thanks
Warren
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: No power to Windlass Albin 28

Post by DougSea »

Hi Warren,

Can you tell us which windlass you have? Since it's not a "standard" item it's likely to be something selected by a prior owner. There are several ways it could be wired and the lack of voltage in the anchor locker may or may not be a problem.

Since you say it was working but was intermittent I would be tracing back to the switch and the fuse/breaker looking for a loose connection.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Re: No power to Windlass Albin 28

Post by tbnolin »

Ours wasn't working when we bought the boat last year. Went all last summer thinking it was something major and was going to cost an arm and a leg. Finally last Fall before having it yanked for the winter, I had some one look at it. It turned out to be a simple relay. I kicked myself for not looking at it right away!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “Albin Maintenance”