• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

battery cofiguration

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

te102056
Gold Member
Gold Member

battery cofiguration

Post by te102056 »

I have a 1980 43' The start battery for each engine is tied into the house batteries. Is the correct set up as follows?
pos on battery one to neg on battery two and then pos on battery two to neg battery one?
Then all outside connections ie charger, house lights etc connected to positive and negative on battery one, or does it matter if part are connected to battery one positive and part to battery two neg.

Or, is it pos on battery one attached to positive on battery two and neg on one attached to neg on two.
If so, can part of the pos wires be attached to either battery or must they be attached to battery one?
Same with neg.
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: battery cofiguration

Post by N4QC »

You may want to post this in the Albin Maintenance section for greater exposure to your question. Also, are you dealing with a 12 volt dc system or a 24 volt dc system? Think that there is a schematic for general battery and switching connections somewhere on this site…

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
edgarcia737
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle, WA

Post by edgarcia737 »

Hi, I have an 43' trawler. I heading up to the boat tomorrow. I look and see how our batteries are configured. I do know we are using four 6 volt golf carts batteries and one 12 volt starting battery for the generator. The golf cart batteries are being used in two pairs in series. Two 6 volt batteries in series for battery number one and the other two in series for battery number. There is a battery switch that controls what battery group you want to use. But take a look at the cable routing and get back to you. Or you can send me an email.

Ed
te102056
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by te102056 »

Thanks Ed. I think that I might try setting up the golf cart battery idea. kyshorestom@live.com

Return to “Albin Maintenance”