• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Greetings from the frozen north

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
packham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: 100 Mile House, BC

Greetings from the frozen north

Post by packham »

Greetings all, I will be picking up my 27 foot family cruiser from Ontario this summer and hauling it back to 100 Mile House, BC where I will spend most of my time boating off the central coast of BC, west of Bella Coola. I am having a boat trailer customized for my boat and I am seeking hull designs/sketches/measurement for my 27 foot family cruiser that I can pass onto the trailer manufacturer so he can customize the trailer for me. I have contacted Albin and surfed the net for hours trying to find hull specs/measurements but to no avail...does anyone have any suggestions/specs you can pass on...have there been previous postings in this regard? Thanks for your time, Roger
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: Greetings from the frozen north

Post by hetek »

Greetings back at ya, Roger!

I also have a 27' Family Cruiser and pretty much had the same question. I was emailed the attached diagram to use as a basis to purchase the correct boat stands for mine (I keep it next to my garage during the Winter).

The "draftsman" drew the diagram of his 27' Family Cruiser up on blocks. His trailer builder used these measurements to build his trailer from. He did mention that there were some slight changes that he would make but overall was very happy the way it came out.

Take a look, and again, welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
packham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: 100 Mile House, BC

Post by packham »

Hetek, Thanks very much for the hull diagram...it is just what I needed. I can see that belonging to this group is going to be very valuable...thanks again, Roger
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I have never had a trailer made but I have had a steel cradle built for shipping my A32. Think trailer without wheels.

The welder literally built the cradle right under the boat. I am familiar with the 27 also. Had one for 13 years. trailered it every years but on a hydraulic trailer.

My suggestion for building/modifying a trailer would be to place the boat on the trailer getting the proper for & aft position for pin weight on the truck. Important to do.

For side stability get 4, maybe 6 boatstands & weld them, or pieces of them, as needed making sure to support the boat under strong points of the hull such as right at the transom, midship between engine bearers & fwd.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

Roger: Welcome from the bottom of BC.
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
snewman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by snewman »

I had my trailer built by Loadmaster in Port Clinton Ohio. They have the specs for my A 27FC
Scott
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Look around in the photo section. I have a few shots of my A27 on the stands there. The A 27 hull is not very thick. It does not take the pounding that a planing hull does. For trailering or storage basically you want the weight on the keel & good support outside of points inside where there are extra strong areas such as stringers & bulkheads.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Hello Roger: Was just reading your notes about hauling the boat from Ontario to BC. How did the trip go for you? I assume with a 27' you were able to make the tow yourself. What is the beam on a 27'? Have been trying to move my 35TE Sportfisher from Georgian Bay for several weeks. Irene is the current hold up in that my transporter was stuck with a prior load in N.Y. Expecting it will move this coming Tue - well at least we hope. There has been considerabe discussion all favorable about the 27'. Trying to find a picture of one to view. Your note says 100 mile house BC. Where is that? My boat will come to Shelter Island for reassembly and then down to Anacortes. Have towed my 290 Luhrs with a 11'6" beam around short trips for winter storage or work. Recently had it moved from Brookings, Or to Gig Harbo, Wa. in hopes there is buyer for a great fisher there. Brookings was too small to move anything in this market. So how did you find a boat way back in Ontario? Hope to see you in the area if ever I get there.
whwells "Howard'
2006 35TE Sportfisher Conv.
"Nibbles"

Return to “New Member Introductions”