• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Old Member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
imagine30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Newport, RI

New Old Member

Post by imagine30 »

We actually joined this forum in April 2010 as a couple of sailors looking to make the switch. Shortly thereafter we found a 1986 27 Family Cruiser listed on this site. We took a trip from RI to St. Simon's Island, GA for a sea trial and a survey. All was good with the exception that the top sides needed some serious cosmetic work. That has been the focus of my attention for the past year. We had the boat shipped directly to Itchiban Yacht Painters in Bristol. These guys were great to work with. They let me get up close and personnal by stripping all the hardware and trim as well as sanding the topsides and hull. She was Awlgripped over the winter and refitted this spring. Launched "Whiskey One" in May and she is berthed at Coasters Harbor at Naval Station Newport. The Nissan is running great but it takes some getting used to - this going in a straight line!

This forum was a great source of information during the whole process and we hope we can make some contributions in the future.

Michele and John O'Brien
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
J O'Brien
WHISKEY ONE
Albin 27 FC, 1986
Coasters Harbor Marina
Naval Station Newport
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New Old Member

Post by DougSea »

She looks like brand new!

We'll be looking forward to hearing your straight line stories!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Captain,
That is a good looking boat!

Welcome back,

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

I am a believer that a boat can be any colour as long it is a shade of white. However if it is going to be a colour, you can't go wrong with Awlgrip. Looks good. I had a hull awlgripped in 2004, white of course. It still looks like new today.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Bob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bob »

Oh what a pretty boat. I love the color ! I have a 27ac, I moor it south of the Jamestown Bridge on the North Kingstown side. I'll be looking for you. Mine has been trouble free and I hope yours will be to.

Bob
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Wow, great lines on the boat. Welcome. Really nice 30" whwells
imagine30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Newport, RI

Post by imagine30 »

Thanks Bob. The color is "Stars and Stripes Blue". If we get by "Irene" we will probably take advantage of the nice weather she leaves in her wake and spend some time at Dutch Harbor next week. Will be on the lookout for your boat.
J O'Brien
WHISKEY ONE
Albin 27 FC, 1986
Coasters Harbor Marina
Naval Station Newport

Return to “New Member Introductions”