• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Looking for 28 TE in Florida, Ga. SC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

New Member Looking for 28 TE in Florida, Ga. SC

Post by JIMBO44 »

Hello from Jimbo44, I live in Port St Lucie Fl, on a cove adjacent to the North Fork of the St Lucie River, access to the Atlantic about 30 min. I would like to get a really clean 25-28 foot Albin, size dictated by economy of operation and size of my boat lift. Any leads would be appreciated by this new member. Will furnish phone number as needed. Really enjoy the site. :D :D
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Member Looking for 28 TE in Florida, Ga. SC

Post by N4QC »

What is the weight capacity, and the width limit of your lift? Would an Albin with a skeg be a problem?

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Post by JIMBO44 »

Lift is rated for 16k lbs, do not know about the skeg, what is the draft with skeg? beam is also not a problem with 16k lift.

thanks,

Jim
Halcyon2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: North, Va

Post by Halcyon2 »

I have a 28TE on a lift in Virginia. It works really well with some specially made steel risers that are attached to the bottom of the lift - I will send pics next time I drop the boat. I will also measure the risers as well as I don't remember how long they are. Makes a nice cradle for boat to sit in.
Ron and Debbie Lambert
Halcyon 2
North, VA
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

JIMBO44 wrote:Lift is rated for 16k lbs, do not know about the skeg, what is the draft with skeg? beam is also not a problem with 16k lift.

thanks,

Jim
Draft on a 28TE is 3' 2". They all have a skeg.

Which boats are you really considering? The title of the post says 28TE, but the text implies a much broader range. If you want the faster end (and will pay more) you want a 28 or even a 31 which should be just under your lift capacity. (The 28 is around 8,500 lbs)

There aren't many of the 26 TE's out there. If you want slower, lower cost then you're looking for a 25 or a 27. Displacement hulls with a broad range of power.

Let us know what you're thinking of doing, you'll get better advice.

Good luck with the search! :-)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
scallywag98
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Amityville NY

Post by scallywag98 »

Hi Jimbo

Check out my posting from scallywag98 on the sale of my 28TE, guess it's to far to come to New York to look for a boat?
Have a great day!
scallywag98
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Jimbo:

If you do a site search for, Getaway Skeg, you will find a discussion on adapting a lift to handle an Albin with a skeg. Actual measurements for your situation will depend on your situation...

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"

Return to “New Member Introductions”