• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25DELUXE

Albin's "power cruisers"
matt
Deckhand
Deckhand

A25DELUXE

Post by matt »

I aquired my Albin 25 from my familys estate. The boat is currently on a trailer and has not been ran for about 18 months. I have been out on this boat in the past so I know it runs well. I need to start it up again while on the trailer to get it ready for sale. Any special procedure that I need to follow? Precautions?. Any feed back would be great. Anyone in the market for a 1971 A25?
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Re: A25DELUXE

Post by glk34 »

Matt, I would start by changing engine oil, filter, fuel filters if possible. Also check the batteries for fluid level and recharge. Make sure you connect some source of cooling water to the engine if you are starting her on the trailer. Not sure what type of engine you have or the cooling system type. I know with my perkins I have a valve that I can turn and a quick attach garden hose connection under the floor boards where you have access to the drive shaft (behind the motor). check there for the water thru hull. 18 months isn't that long so you shouldn't have much trouble. Post some pics and price range.

Iron Jack
svpp10
Mate
Mate

Post by svpp10 »

I'm interested in a 25. Can you give me some details, location, power, price, etc. If you have a couple of pictures that would be good. I'm located in central NJ.
Thank you for your time, Paul J. Lucier
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Post by glk34 »

Paul, go to "new member introductions" on the board index. Then to page 2 and look under the post heading "new albin 25 owner" check down through that thread to get some pics and info.

A25 is a great boat to trailer, easy launch, usually about 30hp diesels. Good resale value if kept in good condition. Most cruise around 7kts depending on motor. Very economical. Mostly all in the early 1970s so some have been repowered by now. Good condition they run from $10,000 to $20,000 depending on condition, motor, trailer or not, electronics etc. Do a bit of surfing on this site and you can find lots of pic and info.

Iron Jack
svpp10
Mate
Mate

Post by svpp10 »

Thank you for getting back to me, have a good day.
Paul

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”