• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Emulsified Engine Oil

Albin's "power cruisers"
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Emulsified Engine Oil

Post by Treeman »

The seal on my AD21 water pump blew and flushed (fresh) water into the crankcase on a trip. I replaced the seals and bearing and have it all buttoned up but I've replaced the oil twice and it's still milky. Certainly not as bad but I was hoping for suggestions to flush out the emulsified oil once and for all. Would it be safe to run it for a while and hope the water boils off when the engine is at operating temp for a while?
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Re: Emulsified Engine Oil

Post by glk34 »

treeman, make sure you are getting all the oil out of the crankcase. Also, remember the oil filter holds some oil so you have to change that also as soon as you run the engine and the oil circulates. I have had ATVs require 4-5 oil changes after a river dunking. I expect our boats would be no different. I am not sure about running the engine much with the milky oil. I would try at least one more change, then run up to temp and recheck.

Iron Jack

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”