• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Steering problem

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

firemanbob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Unknown

Steering problem

Post by firemanbob »

I have just experienced a steering failure. I'm told its in the fluid reservor. We have a classic 36

trunk cabin.. Does anyone know where to find it? How do you bleed it? HELP Firemanbob
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Steering problem

Post by jleonard »

The reservoir is behind the upper helm. There is a pipe plug on top. Remove the plug and add fluid.
I find the easiest way to do that is lift the engine gauge panel out of the way and work from the top.
You are supposed to use the seastar fluid that you have to get at a marine store, but you can also use auto tranny fluid, whatever Dextron level is current.
There is a manual and bleeding instructions in the document library on this site.
If you can't get to the library send me an e mail to jleonard at usa.norgren.com and I can send you the files.
Jay

ps I also have instructions and pictures on how to rebuild that pump unit if it comes to that.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
kkean
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Steering problem

Post by kkean »

The fluid reservoir is behind the access panel in the foward hanging locker. Upper right. It has a sight glass on it for fluid level and a pressure guage on top. Not the easiest thing to get to!

Good Luck

Kevin - Another Adventure Albin 36 - 1981

Return to “Albin Maintenance”