• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shaft log

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

scallywag98
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Amityville NY

Shaft log

Post by scallywag98 »

Hi Everyone,
Well the season is about to start up here in New York, in getting things ready I found I needed to replace the cutlass bearing in my 28 tournament. Once I started I became aware that the whole shaft log was preety much corroded. So here I am looking for help if anyone knows were I could locate a shaft log for a 1998 28 Albin Tournament. I've tried C&C Marine, but they said they could not help.
Scallywag 98
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Shaft log

Post by RobS »

I assume you are referring to the bronze bearing housing. Here is a link to the supplier for Albin when your boat was built: http://www.buckalgonquin.com/pages/Prod ... _page.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Post by jointventure »

Rob, I see you coat the running gear with zinc, how do you find it performs? I coated mine last season for the first time but did not see the bottom until after it was power washed. The gear look clean with only a few barnacles on the topside of the sked. However the underside of the sked had a significant amount of growth.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Hey there John,

I was working in MTK last week and saw Joint Venture sitting on the hard at Westlake.

What you see is the underwater metals primed with Interlux Trilux Primer. I wire brush, sand and wipe down all the metals with thinner. Then I prime and paint with Interlux aerosol Trilux, 2 coats of each. Would have finished this on Sunday but it was blowing 20-25 in my face.

Have does this same process since owning the boat (winter 2007) and have been happy with the results. Not too costly, no noticeable buildup of paint and very little growth. However, I do swim/scuba quite a bit so anything that does pop up don't last last too long..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”