• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

The Albin Restoration...

Boatmon

The Albin Restoration...

Post by Boatmon »

Hello all,

We have recently set up a blog for all those interested in following the progress or The Lass. This was mainly done for family and friends but if you are at all interested the link is; http://albinrestoration.blogspot.com/ I realize that not everyone wishes to check out the project, but we have followed several similar blogs over the years and find them both informative and entertaining.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Albin Restoration...

Post by zinbaad »

Great job! Very nicely done on the blog. She is a beauty :)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Well thank you..She's come a very long way since those photos were taken. Every week we are making small steps forward,but there is still a long way to go.

Have a nice weekend!
lmustico
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by lmustico »

We enjoyed reading the blog and learning about your restoration to date. Look forward to seeing more.
BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BobR »

I enoyed your blog and look forward to hearing the updates on your progress. I am commencing a very similiar process on my 88 36' this spring. However I will need to rely upon alot of outside assistance.
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

BobR,

Two things I'd like to share, both are certianly opinions but they have been formed as the result of four boat restorations. The plan was and is that this is the last....

1. Photo document everything, this will not only help you see the progress over the months but it will also provide a good reference for putting back together and will answer questions about "how was that?"

My wife is a fanatic about before and after shots and sometimes it seems ridiculous but when you start to feel like you're not making any progress, sit down and scroll through the photos and look at the progress that has really been made. I think since Sept 25 (delivery day) she has taken right around a thousand photos of every little project we do daily.

2.Do every project / everything that you are able to. Nothing will help you know your vessel and what you have like tearing into a major project. We were prepared for the absolute worst when we began tearing out the windows and the paneling, what we found was a great suprise! The core in the walls was all solid, no rot or weakness!! Now we know....if someone else would have done it or we'd have just gone over the 1/8" teak paneling, there would always been that question of doubt about the real condition and seaworthieness of The Lass.

my 2 well maybe 25 cents worth
VA3MRJ
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Barber Marina Orange Beach Alabama

Post by VA3MRJ »

Amazing job!! I have a 43 DC and have been working on repairing and replacing parts but your skill level and attention to detail is making me look bad. Nice job.
David and Brenda
43 Albin
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Well thank you, didn't intend to make anyone look bad though. :) She is truly a labor of love! It's been a busy and not great fall so we haven't gotten started on our projects yet, probably will wait til after Christmas at this point too.
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

Michael: I always enjoy reading your updates.
We need to replace our painted Albin signs as well. Do you know where I would contact to get the A's
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Bccanucker,

Sorry I never replied to your question (please see my "hello" post)

We contacted the current owners of the Albin molds and logos, I will look and see if we still have his contact information.

Sorry I don't seem to have any pics of it on this drive....

Return to “36/37/40/43”