• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Flag pole mount and cabin rainwater leak

dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Flag pole mount and cabin rainwater leak

Post by dkircher »

Hi everyone,

I need some advice. We have a nice classic wood flag pole for the TE and are looking for a stern mount like I see on a number of member's boats. Could someone let me know where to purchase that kind of mount?

Second issue is a challenging rainwater leak into the aft berth area. I did a search on the site and didn't see anything that addressed this particular issue. Maybe I missed something. A small amount of water finds its way to the aft portion of the berth whenever we have a heavy rain. My guess is about a quarter to a third of a cup of water. I have resealed the entire cabin to pilot house seam. A former surveyor pointed to the port jamcleat as the culprit. Hard to believe that that is the cause. However, I'll seal that area too. I am wondering about the port pilot house window. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your advice. You all are great and have educated me about these great boats.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Flag pole mount and cabin rainwater leak

Post by zinbaad »

Just a thought, if you have a stern shower hookup did you check that? I was finding water in my bilge & while sleeping aboard would hear the water pump cycle on/off. After finding the shower head cracked ( must have not cleared it before winter) that seemed to eliminate the small amout of water in aft bildge. Also check the floor drain hoses under floor storage bins..
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

dkircher wrote:Hi everyone,

I need some advice. We have a nice classic wood flag pole for the TE and are looking for a stern mount like I see on a number of member's boats. Could someone let me know where to purchase that kind of mount?
I mounted a round 30 degree stainless stanchion mount on the transom above the rub rail (on the white). I like this location as it does not interfere on top of the gunnel. Sea Dog makes one Part # 280301-1. http://www.sea-dog.com/PDF/280300.pdf I did need to have a woodworker run a lathe on my teak pole to make it fit. No big deal. Others use the round flag pole mounts that mount on top of the gunnel. Different strokes, different long splices. Fly those colors 8 AM to sunset! 8)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

I used a piece of ABS plumbing pipe fitted over the existing bracket. Using round bastard and rat-tail files I was able to match the bracket's outside shape on the inside surface of the pipe section. The engineering parameters were 1) don't decrease the flagpole shaft diameter as much as the existing bracket's hole requires, and 2) don't replace the existing bracket because that would require more holes in the boat. Photos follow -
Flagstaff Socket Detail 1.jpg
Flagstaff Socket Detail 2.jpg
Flagstaff Socket Mod 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Thanks all for your help... Sorry about the delayed reply. I hadn't returned to my post. Happy New Year.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”