• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing the electric stove

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Replacing the electric stove

Post by Halcyon »

We are going to replace our electric Force 10 range with a propane fueled model and are wondering what other's experiences with various ranges have been, good and bad.

I have looked at lots of models from Force 10, Tasco and Seward and the advertizing make then all look good, as it should. Given the small 21 inch size, does anybody use three or four burners? It seems like one big burner and a smaller simmer burner would be more useful. I have yet to find a two burner model.

What is working or not working for you? What would you buy next?

I will have a 2003 Force 10 electric range for sale this spring, the oven has never been used and the stove rarely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
parkerj

Re: Replacing the electric stove

Post by parkerj »

Halcyon. I replaced a 2 burner alcohol stove with a 3 burner propane stove with oven. The extra burner gives you a deeper oven and more room on the cooktop which we found helpful for big frying pans and pots. Stainless steel and locking oven door would be my suggestion. I had a remote shutoff solanoid that shut the tank off mounted at the stove as well as a petcock at the stove fuel feed. Quality of burners and pot holder design would be my priority. John Albin 82 MS
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

Past two boats had Seaward LP ranges with two burners. Basically due to size limitations. Love propane!I love to cook and the oven is a winner as far as I am concerned. My A34 has the standard electric range top/alcohol and I miss my oven. No room to put in an Lp w/oven without major renovation and loss of storage. So I bought a convection microwave . Life is a tradeoff I guess.
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

Our last boat came with a 3 burner force 10 propane. Admiral liked it and we spent no money on it for the 10 years we had the boat.
The 36' Albin came with a Seaward 3 burner propane. When I was trying everything out during the purchasing of it I could't get all the burners to work so brought in a stove guy. Turns out I came close to blowing up the boat as the previous owner (who passed away 2 years before I came along) had been working at trying to fix the stove and had a bunch of the propane lines disconnected.
We replaced this one before we left the brokers dock with a new Seaward 3 burner model 3374-1002 so it was an exact fit and went into the same hole and because I could get a better price on it. One of the ignitors didn't work on the new one and Seaward sent up a replacement from California. One of the owners called me directly when he found out from the dealer about the problem and then phoned me later to make sure it was fixed. Good service and we like the stove.
My wife wouldn't like anything smaller than 3 burner but 3 or 2 is more your preference.
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic

Return to “General Discussion”