• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - Albin 32 SC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Get Aweigh

New Member - Albin 32 SC

Post by Get Aweigh »

Hi Everyone, My name is Dan Mann and 1st mate Phyl (Phyllis) aboard Get Aweigh a 1995 32' Sportfisherman Cruiser out of Tampa, FL. I purchased her last August and joined the group at that time but have not formerly introduced myself. I am a retired Captain with Geneva Lake Cruise Line (Lake Geneva, WI) but have never owned a boat of my own. Over the years I have become spoiled by having a mechanic take care of the 'Mechanical Stuff". Today when I open the engine hatch, I think what twisted mind put all that stuff in such a small space. The various forums have helped greatly in sorting out the "stuff".
We have not been able to use the boat as much as we would have liked due to previous commitments so we designated 2011 as "The year of the Boat". We plan to take full advantage of the cruising paradise which this area is noted for beginning with the Florida Rendezvous in March. I look forward to meeting fellow owners.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member - Albin 32 SC

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Dan. Look for posts from VeeByes2. I believe he has the same boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: New Member - Albin 32 SC

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the group. Lack of ER space is a complaint on many boats. The AC32 is tight. Hopefully this year I will get the engine out of mine for some much needed overhauling. While at it the plan is to downsize the fuel tanks resulting in more working room either side of the engine. 260 gal fuel capacity, as they are now, is a helluva lot for a single diesel.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “New Member Introductions”