• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

95 TE 28 water heater tank presure relief valve

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Ford Reese
Deckhand
Deckhand

95 TE 28 water heater tank presure relief valve

Post by Ford Reese »

My water heater tank presure relief valve has begun leaking when the engine has been running and the presure water system is on. I think the water in the tank might be getting too hot. I can only see the back of the tank, so I am not sure who made it. Is the presure relief valve replaceable and where would I be able to find one, or if possible and if their is an adjustible thermostat on the tank, would that help solve the problem? Any helpful advice regarding this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Ford Reese 95 TE 28 "Chambornay"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: 95 TE 28 water heater tank presure relief valve

Post by jleonard »

Every marine water heater I have seen takes a standard pressure relief valve available at cheapo depot, ACE, lowes, etc.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

What Leonard says is correct. I had the same problem a couple years ago and it turned out to be the one cheap fix on the boat. I worried that the old valve was rusted in place and would crack the tank trying to remove it. But it unscrewed with no problem and the replacement from Home Depot screwed right in. I wondered how the pressure could ever get above that supplied by the water pump and why it did not force water back into the main tank until I found the one-way, in-line valve in the supply line.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

When you're shopping make sure you buy the proper relief valve. You want a "temperature and presure" valve, not a "presure" valve. I didn't realize Lowes carried both until I bought the wrong one...
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”