• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member with alot of Q's

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Josh
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: portland ct

New member with alot of Q's

Post by Josh »

Hello all. I am a new member that has been doing some research on 27' Albins. I am looking to upgrade and the 27 Albin express seems to fit my needs. I have seen a few for sale but not as many as the aft cabin model.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member with alot of Q's

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Josh. Sorry I missed your post. Check out our For Sale forum. There is a nice 27 going on eBay right now.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
dgurgel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Amboy (Raritan Bay), NJ

Re: New member with alot of Q's

Post by dgurgel »

Josh wrote:Hello all. I am a new member that has been doing some research on 27' Albins. I am looking to upgrade and the 27 Albin express seems to fit my needs. I have seen a few for sale but not as many as the aft cabin model.
Josh,

I started out looking at Albin 27 family crusiers. There were very few of those. I soon moved to the Albin 28 because there were 100 of them on Yachtworld, and I really did not need the aft cabin. The aft cabin 27 and its replacement, the 30', are a clever design for those wanting a cruiser for a family with children. The open cockpit 28 is a great for fishing and works well for crusing too.

It is a buyer's market right now. You would be surprised how far your budget will go. NEVER offer the Yachtworld asking price, you are going to get at least 6% - 10% off and much more if the asking price is not realistic. Figure out the value, make and offer, and do not worry if it is not accepted. Move on to choice #
Dave Gurgel
2000 Albin 28 TE, "Energetic"
Hull #453

Return to “New Member Introductions”