• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Proud new owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
te102056
Gold Member
Gold Member

Proud new owner

Post by te102056 »

. I bought a 1978 36' Albin about a week ago and have been learning a whole lot about operating and driving the boat. I was lucky to have all of the manuals and history on the boat from the day it was bought. I was also lucky that most of its history has been under cover so the big problems with teak decks etc. aren't a problem with this boat. I was wondering though about the fuel tanks. Do they rust from the inside out or from the water that sets on top from leaks etc?
My first trip is 477 miles from Chattanooga to Kentucky Dam. It is slow going but I am learning as I go. Never locked through before and was really scared at first but now have locked through six times.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Proud new owner

Post by jcollins »

te102056,
Welcome to AOG and congratulations on your purchase.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Welcome and congratulations. We did Lake Okeechobee last January, our first time through locks, and I was amazed at how easy it is after the first one. The first one is very intimidating, but the principle is really a simple one once you see it in action. Most of the lock tenders are very helpful and pleasant, especially in the slow season when they are bored.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Do they rust from the inside out or from the water that sets on top from leaks etc?
Most often from the top
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
bccanucker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gibsons Marina, BC, Canada

Post by bccanucker »

Welcome to the group.
Re your tank leak question. When I was shopping for my trawler last year the info absorbed was that Taiwanese boats have a tendancy that the teak decks will leak and take out the deck underneath and if you dont get it fixed soon enough the water then goes through to the top of the tanks and rusting them out then goes down to the stringers and takes them out. The other caution being that windows leak and need to be rebedded.
The main culpret here being fresh water not seawater.
When we bought the 36' my surveyor had me afraid to wash the boat!!
Roy Warner
Blue Heron
1988 36' Classic

Return to “New Member Introductions”