• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Salvage Value

powermax
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings

Salvage Value

Post by powermax »

Hi.
First post maybe first time Albin owner.

I have a chance to pickup a 2001 28 TE for salvage value. Any price ideas where to start?

Hull OK. Engine runs ok. Exhaust, salt water mix caused lots of rust.

Don't know how much water was in bilge but bow thruster in op.

Needs all new upholstry(weather damage)

Hope this link works.
randy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: anchorage

Re: Salvage Value

Post by randy »

I would go though boat top to bottom and bow to stern just so you know there's no problems, better covers for engine should not be a lot of rust ,am not familiar with 28, but do buy and restore project boats as a hobby( helps keep my kids out of mischief),do as much of the work your self build your self a cover and go for it lots of books on market few hours week,in time will have a great boat. have professional check electric likely replace navigational stuff whats ever on there.
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Re: Salvage Value

Post by pkdiver »

Bob,
This is Pete from the Perfect Catch in Brookings. There was a 2004 Albin Flush deck in the slip next to me that will be for sale shortly. It is a 2004 28' flush deck model with the Volvo engine. I think that it could be had fairly cheap if you are interested in it. It was too much of a boat for the current owner and I heard that he wanted to sell it. He might have pulled it out by now for the winter but I can get his contact information if you are interested. The Boat Shop in the harbor would know how to get in touch with him. His name is Dave. I have you phone number and will call you later in the week if I go over to the boat if you still want a tour. There are 4 Albins in Brookings now. My e-mail address is pkdiver_@q.com.
Pete

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”