• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Alan!
I'm sure other 36 owners will jump in here with an answer for you.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I often see masts for sale in Craigs list. You can also check out Dyer or Dwyer masts they are in Ct and you can buy the whole rig from them.
Jay
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

Good morning, I just bought a 1988 40 trawler with a mast. I'll be dammed if I can figure out what good it is. I was told it was a steadying sail,but nobody uses them. It is rigged with all kinds of pulleys and rigging,but the boom really does not go out from the boat enough to lift anything but your lunch off the dock. It increases your hight for bridges and there is no VHF anntenna on mine. Radio guy said a good antenna does not need the hight. It is traditional looking. I would appreciate if any other members can explain why it is there? I might sell mine if I can't figure out what good it is. Also will be a pain in the ass at winter layup. Oh ! hey welcome to the group, I am also new and the forum is a priceless source of good information.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Well my mast/boom would be able ti reach far enough to lift a dinghy engine, bikes, etc.
I have zero intentions of ever using a steady sail, as most say it's useless.
It DOES make a nice radar mounting platform. And a nice place to fly flags from.
I made a block & tackle rig so I very easily lower it for stirage, or to "half mast" that gets me under 19 ft bridges.
By the way if the admiral would have allowed it would be lomg gone.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
firemanbob
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Unknown

Post by firemanbob »

Hellow fellow Albin owners. My name is Bob Blomquist and my first mate is Lynne. We both are long time live aboards, 10 for me and 13 for my mate. We were both RAG BAGGERS but due to slight ageing problems we made the move to an Albin 36.. I'm retired and Lynne still works.. We live in the city marina in New Smyrna Beach Fl. When we first bought the Albin, about 3 years ago, I joined this group but i guess due to inactivity I was droped.. Well we're back and I'm looking forward to it... We have been through the mill with our girl and delt with all sorts of problems. Hope I can be of help to the forum and I'm sure looking forward to finding some answers to some on going problems I still have.. Smooth crusing to all..............Capt. Bob AKA Firemanbob
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome back Bob!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”