• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Market for new Albin 28's?

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Market for new Albin 28's?

Post by Mariner »

As you all already know, C&C Marine is now building the Albin 28's. As owners of these boats, what is your assessment of the market for new ones at this time? The fit and finish of these boats is reportedly a lot better than the old ones, but few of us have actually seen this, much less been able to compare them side by side. For those who have, what is your assessment of this? The base price of a new 28 is $174,000, more like 180-something by the time you select the options most people would want, obviously subject to some negotiation. Is that price realistic? Will people buy it? Advantage YS has had theirs on the market since November of last year. But then, indications are that the powerboat market is only just now starting to recover, so that is not a huge surprise.

I'd be especially interested to hear what those on the west coast might think, understanding that you can expect to add several thousand to the price for transportation out here. Is this boat well suited to our market? What are the main competitors and how do you think they stack up?
poillon1

Re: Market for new Albin 28's?

Post by poillon1 »

What motor?
Big Al NAsty
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Big Al NAsty »

I'm on the West Coast. I own an Albin 28 flush deck. Just today in Santa Barbara I saw two other Albins besides mine at or around the launch ramp. I'd say Albins are very popular. I spend more time showing off the boat to complete strangers who love how it looks. Most are blown away by it's design and the bow thruster. The Santa Barbara channel is one of the worst in the world. Our Albin navigates it quite nicely. Lobster season starts 10/2, I plan on making the crossing quite a bit.

I purchased my Albin on the East Coast and shipped it to the West Coast.... worth every penny. I am a father of two. My kids are safe in that boat and the best part is my wife LOVES it!

Here is painted cave on Santa Cruz Island, both inside and out:

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

poillon1 wrote:What motor?
It is available with either a 315hp Yanmar, a 300hp Volvo, or a 320hp Cummins. All very good engine options, in my opinion.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

I was at the Norwalk CT boat show this weekend and I was told Fred Peters is back in the business of building Albins.
I heard he was at the show over the weekend and that they will be building the full line of boats.
So I'm kinda of confused who actually owns Albin Marine. I guess we'll hear more in the future.

Gery
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Stopped in at the Norwalk Show also, I was also a bit confused on who owns Albins & how the various models are being split to produce. Looked over the 28, seemed perfect, could not see any issues except base price of $174,000 seemed steep with all the competitive boats out there. Checked out the "46", very nice layout, plenty of nice quality wood & fixtures. At $895,000 base price thats a lot of mulah.. All in all it was great to see Albin back on the map
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

I'll be happy if we can get replacement parts as needed!
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

There's no question that $174K is a LOT of money for a 28' boat, no matter who builds it, especially with the used market taking the beating that it is. Of course, as someone planing on selling a 28 the high price of new entry should help me in the resale market. I took a quick look around and the Boston Whaler 285 Conquest is in the same price range. Admitedly a different boat but both have the reputation for being near the top of their class. Given that I have a hard time faulting the price of the Albin, especially when the big diesel is taken into account.

I met Ken from Standish at the Norwalk show and also spoke to the guys from <>. As best I can understand it right now - C&C is building the 28 and is negotiating with Fred Peters for the rights to the 31 and 35TE. Fred and RCYS will build the larger models (in China), all with the Albin name. This doesn't strike me as a viable long term plan but that's apparently what they're doing for now.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”