• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

hello... long time wannabe 27 ac owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
tomray
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

hello... long time wannabe 27 ac owner

Post by tomray »

Hello all... I have been in love with the 27 for 25 years. Almost signed on the dotted line for one many years ago.Biggest regret that i didn't actually. But my day is coming :D
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: hello... long time wannabe 27 ac owner

Post by jcollins »

tomray wrote:Hello all... I have been in love with the 27 for 25 years. Almost signed on the dotted line for one many years ago.Biggest regret that i didn't actually. But my day is coming :D
Tomray,
Welcome to the group. Thanks for becoming a supporting member on your first post. There are some nice 27s out there. Don't put off until tomorrow the Albin you can own today.
We're not getting any younger 8)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

Where are you located. We have our 27 family cruiser in Charleston SC
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
tomray
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by tomray »

good morning,we're located near Cape Cod...won't be in the market till next year.
Bob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bob »

Dear tomray: My story is the same as yours. Fell in love when I saw my first one, then it became a longing. That was about 20 years ago. I finally bought one 4 years ago. I knew very little about boats, and a friend was good enough to sail it with me from Long Island to Narraganett Bay, R.I. She is at a mooring just south of the Jamestown Bridge that I have to row out to. I already have a number of stories: e.g. first time stopped by Coast Guard, first time I wrapped the mooring line around the shaft, first time I left my cell phone at the bottom of Narragansett Bay etc. If I were to offer you one piece of advice I would say start shopping for the best surveyor you can find. The first Albin i wanted to buy was in Harwichport. The boat surveyed great, I put a deposit on it, on the condition that the engine would pass testing. It didn't, although it was great during the sea trial. The boat dealer was telling me no problem , I still wanted it . I think only the surveyor saved me! I hope you the very very best. You are going to love it!!

Return to “New Member Introductions”