• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TE 31 cored?

Inkwretch

Re: TE 31 cored?

Post by Inkwretch »

Dual peninsulars. Rpms were 3100 - 3200. I understand those engines should top out at 3400 rpm.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Inkwretch wrote:Dual peninsulars. Rpms were 3100 - 3200. I understand those engines should top out at 3400 rpm.
The Beasts should be able to go to 3600 at WOT so you may have a prop issue. Mine is currently hitting about 3450 and I'm thinking about having my prop tuned again. When I first bought the boat she wouldn't turn more than 3200, a visit to a Propscan shop here in CT got me all the way to 3600 and much better top speed. Not to mention a smoother ride.

3100/3200 means she's over-propped and those engines are working too hard. If I'm recalling correctly it cost me under $200 to have the prop tuned. It was a thing of beauty when I got it back! And the shop lent me the puller and proper wrentch to get it off. It's a franchise business, I'll find the link and edit my post, I'm sure there's probably one near you.

Edit - your profile shows you're in California, here's a shop in SD with a good website, lots of info:

http://www.propellersolutions.com/

You can also give Penninsuar a call with any questions. I forget the name of the guy that runs it but he was very helpful when I've called there. They aren't always the best at returning e-Mails though, so calling is your best bet.

Hope that helps.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

DougSea wrote: You can also give Penninsuar a call with any questions. I forget the name of the guy that runs it but he was very helpful when I've called there. They aren't always the best at returning e-Mails though, so calling is your best bet.

Hope that helps.
Doug, I think you are referring to Matt Koning at Peninsular. I agree, he was a pleasure to speak with and I spoke to him a few times during my Albin hunt.

Here's the contact info for Peninsular: http://www.peninsulardiesel.com/WP-PENTEST/?page_id=24
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”