• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

heat to aft cabin

Albin's "power cruisers"
fritzdfk
Gold Member
Gold Member

heat to aft cabin

Post by fritzdfk »

I am seriously considering buying a A25 or A27. The weather here is often cold (Alaska) and I will want some kind of heating system. How have you gotten heat into the aft cabin? I suppose a forced air system like Espar or Webasto would do it but how about an oil fired non electric heater like Dickenson. Could you use fans to circulate heat back to the aft cabin? How hard is it to heat the 25/27 Albins generally.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: heat to aft cabin

Post by zinbaad »

Oil fired= carbon dioxide poisoning without real ventilation?? Probably can run a blower setup off the engines heat exchangers while diesel is running without the CD risk. I assume no generator available for electric heaters. -
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Don from Mystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Don from Mystic »

Many "Down East" style boats in this area use what is commonly called a "bus heater" which is a radiator similar to an autos only smaller.An electric fan forces air through the coils, and heat is provided from the fresh water side of the cooling system. They work great though the latest Ive ever used one is during a cold November day (in Ct). Northern Tool sells them as well as Hamilton Marine etc. I have one for my 27 I picked up on Ebay but have yet to install (in the fwd cabin).
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

You might want to try PMing ppudwell. He posts in this forum and I believe has the same boat up in Alaska with a diesel heater. He may have some insight.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”