• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member too

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
DJFARREN

New Member too

Post by DJFARREN »

I just bought a 2000 Albin 28 TE. I am downsizing from a Cape Dory Poweryacht 30 (and before that a CD 28 FB).
I have discovered that the AC outlets no longer have power. They are GFI wired I see, but can find no reset button anywhere.
Can anyone shed light on this? Also, are there any schematics or wiring diagrams of the boat available anywhere?
We like the boat and are in the process of making it "ours" with modificaitons.
I am very pleased to have your organization available to help me with information on my "new" boat!

Dan Farren
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member too

Post by jcollins »

Hi Dan,
Welcome to Albin Owners Group. Where is your boating area? If your near Essex, Ct., there is a rendezvous this weekend. If your on the Chesapeake there is a rendezvous in Solomons.

There is a outlet in the cabinet, to the right of the sink. Check that one.
Thanks for becoming a supporting member. You have access to the library. In there you will find TE 28 technical specs.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DJFARREN

Post by DJFARREN »

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome and the info! I didn't know about an outlet in the cabinet! I will look when we go aboard later this morning. I keep the boat in Falmouth and boat mostly on Nantucket and Vineyard Sounds and Buzzards Bay less so.
I plan to cruise Narragansett Bay in September for a week.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Yes, you will find the outlet with the reset button in the cabinet to the right of the sink and it is on the bottom not the wall. You probably have things sitting on top of it.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
DJFARREN

Post by DJFARREN »

Yep! I found it! Thanks for the heads up!

Return to “New Member Introductions”