• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bilge Pumps

MeyrickP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stamford CT

Bilge Pumps

Post by MeyrickP »

hello all,

I have a 1997 28 TE "beast" Engine Box "Andiamo". I notice that rain water and small dips collect in the low part of the bilge which is between the captain and mate seats. However the nearest bilge pump is in the engine compartment which is not the low point of the bilge.

I hate bailing! Should the bilge pump be at the deepest section of the bilge or am I missing something?
Meyrick Payne
Albin 32+2
"Ancora"
Stamford, CT
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Bilge Pumps

Post by jcollins »

MeyrickP wrote:hello all,

I have a 1997 28 TE "beast" Engine Box "Andiamo". I notice that rain water and small dips collect in the low part of the bilge which is between the captain and mate seats. However the nearest bilge pump is in the engine compartment which is not the low point of the bilge.

I hate bailing! Should the bilge pump be at the deepest section of the bilge or am I missing something?
I see your a supporting member. You have access to the library. In there you will find the TE 28 technical specs that show where the bilge pumps are located.
Your front pump will get most of the water out. I always have a couple of gallons in the bow area. The area your talking about does collect water as well, but not much. I always run my rear pump (bottom switch) manually when I shut down the engine.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Jack28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jack28 »

I extended the hose for the mid bilge to the front as far as I could. This allows to remove most all water. Still have front and rear pumps and switches.
"AHLUVOIL"
2001 28TE
Westbrook.CT
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

while bringing my 28 up to plane i keep my rear pump on........works for me.

cheers!

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”