• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27 Sport Cruiser cockpit hatches

Albin's "power cruisers"
Driftwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin 27 Sport Cruiser cockpit hatches

Post by Driftwood »

I have a 1987 Sport Cruiser that has the 4 storage hatches in the cockpit (gray in color) with an additional one that provides access to the rudder post and steering system. The rubber gaskets are missing on a couple and the others are in very bad shape. So, they all leak like crazy!! I can't find a brand name on them. I've researched all the manufactures I could find on the internet and no one makes any that are the same size as mine. Anyone know who made them and/or where I could get new rubber gaskets???

Jerry
RonGinger
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Albin 27 Sport Cruiser cockpit hatches

Post by RonGinger »

I have a 1990 with the same hatches. Mine have the gaskets intact and they still leak. I think its the nature of the beast- the hatches are long and rather flimsy and simply dont latch tight.

If you want to replace the gaskets look for round O-ring stock. I get it from McMaster Carr. It can be ordered in any length. The ends can be joined with superglue. There is a simple splice kit available, but careful work with a razor blade to make a nice cut will do as well.

See http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-ring-cord-stock/=7wkdni
Driftwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin 27 Sport Cruiser cockpit hatches

Post by Driftwood »

Thanks Ron! I think the round silicone will be the best bet.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”