• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member/Owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Leonardo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Location: Chesapeake Bay (Summer), Laguna Madre/Gulf of Mexico (Winter)

New Member/Owner

Post by Leonardo »

We are picking up Americal this Saturday, 1978 Albin 33' Trawler, and moving it to Tylerton, MD on beautiful Smith Island. Amical will be featured with our Waterman's Overnight B&B and used for touring around the island and lower Chesapeake Bay. www.watermansovernight.com , Leonardo
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member/Owner

Post by jcollins »

Leonardo,
Welcome to AOG. Smith Island is one of those "bucket list" destinations for us upper bay boaters. Not too far from Solomons. Hope to meet you at the rendezvous. I'll follow your progress with the B&B.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Leonardo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Leonardo »

The B&B is about 3 weeks behind schedule because of a problem moving 13 yards of topsoil by barge to the island for grading work on the lot. That's done now so finishing of the plasterwork can be checked off next. I'll be keeping Americal at the Bluhaven Piers just up river from Point Lookout, MD before it goes to the island. I have some TLC needing application and a good cleaning of the engine room, everything else is somewhat shipshape. There is another Albin at the marina and I told Guy about the sailout to Solomons. Hope to make it too. I'm moving the boat Saturday (7am) down the Potomac from the Fort Washington area. Ciao!
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Is there a discount if we arrive via Albin?
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Leonardo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Leonardo »

Free parking! If you don't use your Albin you'll have to take the ferry. You can't drive to Smith Island, it's Maryland's ONLY inhabited off-shore island. Finish plaster work starts on Tuesday next week. You can always stay aboard your boat at the dock too.

Return to “New Member Introductions”