• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Drift socks, Trolling bags, Amish buggy bags

Nowhere Special
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Catawba Island, Lake Erie

Drift socks, Trolling bags, Amish buggy bags

Post by Nowhere Special »

Ahhh, decisions, decisions. For those of us that do not have trolling valves and need to drop our trolling speed.

What size Drift sock, etc. would be best suited for the 28TE? :?

Some sites recommend the 28" and others 36"+.

Getting ready to do some fishing .....
Dave
Dave
1999 28TE Aba Daba
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Re: Drift socks, Trolling bags, Amish buggy bags

Post by Alan_Douville »

Well, from one who has chewed up many many bags, I have found the perfect one. SKIP the ones from Cabela's and other places and go with the Amish Buggy Bags. 36" works great for the 28 and they are built to last. I use them each week on Lake Michigan for Salmon and they are excellent.

Oh! get the "Beefy" Buggy Bags with 2" Webbing...outstanding. Drops my 28 TE down to trolls as low as 1.8 mph SOG up to 3.3 mph SOG

Alan

2006 28 Albin TE
Brandon Marie
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708
Nowhere Special
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Catawba Island, Lake Erie

Post by Nowhere Special »

Alan ....Thanks for posting on the bags. I have ordered a pair of 36" Beefy Bags for Aba Daba and soon be able to get my troll speed down. :D

Dave
Dave
1999 28TE Aba Daba
Alan_Douville
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Joseph Michigan, Pier 33

Post by Alan_Douville »

Yeah I know the "pain" of bad bags. Last year we broke our strap on the stern Cabela's bag and prop wrapped it. In 100 fow on Lake Michigan in April, this was really really bad. Luckilly the Sea Tow guy had a wet suit and the lake was flat. Poor guy had to dive under us and cut me free. Best damn membership fee spent in a long time, as we watched him.

Now I watch that Amish bag often, and may need to replace the buoy rope, but so far I see no real wear. Will be out tomorrow chasing Salmon, will take some pics of the bag set up and post them, hopefully with some fish as well.

Alan

2006 28 Albin TE NE
Brandon Marie
St. Joseph MI.
Alan

2008 28 Albin TE NE
Valkyrie
St. Joseph MI.
Hull Number: AUL 28 942 H 708

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”