• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Need help finding a boat surveyor

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Need help finding a boat surveyor

Post by rcornejo »

Hi everyone,

I am new to the group and to Albin boats. I am in the process to buy a 28 TE. Can anyone recommend a good surveyor in fort laurdale? Also, do you have any advice about buying this kind of boat. I love the looks of it and I am pretty sure the boat will handle well. I currently have a Grady White that I will replace with the Albin. Any advice?

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Need help finding a boat surveyor

Post by RicM »

I can't help you with a surveyor, but you are going from one extreme to another from a GW to an Albin. First of all, your life will slow down by about 1/3 to 1/2. You will learn to enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Your female counterpart will say "this is nicer" when you press the throttle forward and she doesn't go tumbling to the stern (ever wonder why they call them tumble home sterns?). Next you will notice that a boat with a skeg may feel a bit like it's floating in molasses after twin outboards. You will learn to love this, and never want to go back as you spin on your axis in confined spaces with complete confidence and tuck yourself into slips 10' 6" wide without breaking a sweat. Good luck and just be sure the surveyor is accredited by ABYC and you should be all set.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: Need help finding a boat surveyor

Post by powerboater56 »

There is a society called "SAMS" -- Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors -- the has lists of professional surveyors in all parts of the U.S. The web site is www.marinesurvey.org -- I have no connection with them but two good marine surveyors I know are members and claim the group has high standards for members.
John S.
Jamestown, RI

Return to “General Discussion”