• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing bolsters in cockpit

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Replacing bolsters in cockpit

Post by zinbaad »

I Must have made a big mistake last year by cleaning my bolsters with some type of corrosive cleaner not suited for vinyl, seemed to burn and turn tops all yellow and unrepairable. I followed previous post and called Bristal and after speaking to someone was told they would get a call back to me, still waiting 3 weeks later. So I gave a call to my canvas guy who did some great work on previous boat an cockpit/window covers on my Albin at reasonable prices. Usinging original foam, replacing 3-69' + 24 " bolsters along with new aluminum track setup (as opposed to screws through vinyl) @ $250 sounds more than reasonable to me,
Next time I'll just clean them with light soap & water :lol:
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Replacing bolsters in cockpit

Post by JackK »

I replaced the bolsters on my 28 this spring. I also upgraded to a vinyl track instead of the fender washers securing the old ones. I also replaced the foam with an open cell foam so that they will air out and dry quickly. Bristol has also added a mesh backing instead of the solid vinyl. This again lets more air in to keep things from growing.

Sorry you didn't hear back from Bristol Cushion in a timely manner. Oscar was very helpful and I got mine in a couple of weeks. Here is Oscar's info at Bristol Cushion. Email worked great for me.

Bristol Cushion & Accessories, LLC
6 Commercial Way
Warren, RI
Ph: (401) 247-4499

Contact Oscar DeLemos - Email is oscar_AT_bristolcushion.com

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”