• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Glad to be here.......

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Glad to be here.......

Post by DougSea »

Russell wrote:It might be easier to just hook it into the bonding system. Attach a wire to a bolt on the thruster and run it to the common plate in the bilge where all the through hulls etc are connected to the engine and shaft zinc.
I believe that's already in place. I'll be verifying that when I do my AC survey this weekend.

For those who have an interest in A/C systems but don't normally read the TE sub forum you may want to check out my post there. Got some great info from the AOG community.

Great boats, great site, really great people!!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Ron222
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Kingman Yacht Center, Pocasset, MA

Post by Ron222 »

Let me clarify and correct my previous posting. I didn't mean the housing is made of brass. It is made of bronze.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Without a sacrificial zinc the tin in bronze leaches out leaving a pink colored weakened metal. For example the stern bearing housing on my boat cracked in two, perhaps with the help of the mechanic working on the shaft, but it was not bonded and the cracked halves were the typical pink color. It may take 50 years for the thruster to weaken enough to break but the attachment of a bonding wire or a zinc anode for the ones that take it is probably good prevention.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”