• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Red Light on Dash

Albin's "power cruisers"
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Red Light on Dash

Post by Dave »

Anyone know what the red light on the dash is for on my 27? I was told it had something to do with the charging system. My oil pressure seems normal as well as the engine temperature and the charging amps seem to be good. The red light is on but very dim when I first start the engine and even when I run it for some time, but the longer I go the brighter it gets but all systems seem normal but seeing a red light is a bit worrysome. Any help would be appreciated.
Driftwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Red Light on Dash

Post by Driftwood »

Dave,
Not sure what engine you have, but my 27 has a Isuzu 6BD, and the only red light on my dash panel is for the oil pressure and/or temp. If it come on while the engine is running, it means trouble! I have a Volt meter to indicate the alternator is charging.

Jerry
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave »

Thanks Jerry. I have the Isuzu 160HP and I also have a voltmeter, oil pressure guage and temperature guage on the dash. When I first start the engine the light is very dim but after running a while it gets brighter. The voltmeter is in normal range, the oil pressure guage seems normal and the temperature is between 180 and 185. Are your readings similar?
Driftwood
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Driftwood »

Dave,
Sounds like you may have an electrical problem with the light?? My readings are the same. I assume your warning buzzer for temp & oil pressure is working ? It should come on as soon as you turn on the ignition switch and goes off soon after you start the engine. Electrical problems can be a real challenge. Get a copy of the book "The 12 Volt Doctor's (for the boater's electrical system)", by Edgar J. Beyn.
Jerry
Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave »

Thanks Jerry, sounds like a good book to have. I think I have solved the problem. I changed the oil pressure sending unit, the oil pressure switch and the warning light and buzzer, turned the key to on and the light and buzzer came on as they should and when the engine started it went off. I could only run it for about five minutes on shore before I ran out of water but no sign of the light coming on. Have my fingers crossed.

Dave

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”