• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

An overdue introduction…

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

An overdue introduction…

Post by ctlionsden »

We signed up with John (what a nice guy) a couple of weeks ago, and so this introduction is somewhat late. :oops:

We are looking forward to flying the AOG burgee on our [new to us] 1995 32 Command Bridge (new Cummins 375). We bought her in Vero Beach, FL, and brought her to Ft. Lauderdale to our nephew's Port 95 service yard. We ran mostly outside--a couple of miles offshore--in 3-5' seas with a couple of squalls thrown in, averaging 17 knots. A really impressive shakedown!

When our nephew is finished with fitting her up, painting and polishing, we'll be cruising "TOGETHER" up to our town marina in Fairfield CT.

We've been boating for most of our 45 married years. In earlier days, we cruised a hand-built 35' twin diesel woody (mostly teak). We enjoyed her (and the admiring looks she got whenever we arrived at a new marina) for 27 years. With our kids out of the nest, we down-sized to a 1984 Chris Craft Commander 27 sport-fisherman retrofitted with Volvo diesels, which I primarily used for fishing L.I. Sound. We had thought to cruise on this boat, too, but found the cabin just too small for rainy days aboard; and the small fuel tank denied us any kind of range.

I spent a half-year since last fall looking for a boat my wife Lyn and I would take pleasure in—something comfortable, with decent range and speed for cruising, and that would double as a good boat to fish. (I should mention, also, that our town limits boat length in the marina to 36' from bowsprit to swim platform.) Then I discovered the Albin CB32, with the forward owners stateroom and a mid-ship galley and dinette--converting to king accommodations for guests--plus a bridge, outriggers, and a transom door for the occasional story-worthy fish. Lyn loved it at first sight. I admit I did too, but from a somewhat more practical viewpoint… 260 gal's fuel, single diesel with 16-18kt cruising speed, and a serious galley to accommodate my love for fresh-caught fish dinners and high-energy sushi.

We both love the traditional down-east style of Albins, too.

We're looking forward to bringing TOGETHER up in late May or early June, and meeting many of you at the July rendezvous in Essex.

Thanks to the AOG site admin's for a great virtual place to hang out with new friends.

Lyn & Lionel Eliovson
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Re: An overdue introduction…

Post by yhc »

Welcome aboard Lionel.

What kind of town do you live in that limits boat length?! I have never heard of such restrictions until now...what is the reason for this length limit?

Regards,

yhc
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome aboard. (officially)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

What kind of town do you live in that limits boat length?! I have never heard of such restrictions until now...what is the reason for this length limit?
They said that the town marina limits boat length.
It is not unusual for a marina to limit boat length. Many do.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

yhc wrote:Welcome aboard Lionel.

Regards,

yhc
Actually, Fairfield is a great town with a jewel of a small boat marina (hence the size limit). A limit on the size of boats allows for more slips for more boaters, given the finite size of the basin. The marina is only a couple of hundred feet from the open LI Sound, protected from incoming waves by a dog-leg approach channel. It adjoins the town beaches, and is close to shopping and dining. The town center is within walking distance, too.

Thanks for the welcome!

Lionel
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Lionel,

Welcome aboard. Always nice to see another CT Albin owner! We're down in Norwalk, normally on a mooring at Sprite Island but going into a slip at Cove this year.

Congratulations on "Together"! Hope to see her on the Sound!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

My daughter went to Fairfield U, Great part of the country. I need a bigger boat to visit by water, guess I am not going to the marina in Fairfield.
ctlionsden
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ctlionsden »

Butch wrote:My daughter went to Fairfield U, Great part of the country. I need a bigger boat to visit by water, guess I am not going to the marina in Fairfield.
Butch— come visit anytime in your bigger boat, provided it isn't TOO big. There have been boats over 36' tied up alongside the "T" in transient slips at the end of the docks.

Return to “New Member Introductions”