• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Becoming an Albin owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Becoming an Albin owner

Post by Al O Fish Us »

We joined a few weeks ago during our quest to find an Albin. We found a 2007 TE Newport and had the financing approved today. So I hope were long term members of AOG! We are obviously excited. Need to schedule transportation next - any comments.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Becoming an Albin owner

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Al,
Congratulations on your purchase. Tell us about yourself. Where do you boat? Will you make it to one of our rendezvous this year?

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Welcome!!! it's truly a great place to be.
Al O Fish Us
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Florida

Post by Al O Fish Us »

We will be moving the boat from Virginia to Punta Gorda Florida as soon as transportation can be arranged. Cruising the West Coast of Flordia, Charlotte Harbor, and an occassional trip to the keys. Up till now I've mainly been a freshwater fisherman, with Triton's. This boat, will be our cruiser, although I realize it supposed to be a fishing boat. Several of our neighbors have bigger Albin's down here.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Am also about to become a new Albin owner. Survey on Wednesday. Closing the following week if all goes well. 2002 35 TE with flybridge. Now how do I post on this net without using this mechanism of a reply? Also, did the 2002 models have vinylester on the bottoms, any blister problems? Chuck
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Chuck, we just bought a 2003 35 TE with a flying bridge. A few (minor)issues came up in our survey you might want to keep an eye out for. First our boat and one other we looked at had a crack in the hard top just ahead of where the pedistal seats mount. This is likley due to the height of the seats and the fact there is a joint in the balsa deck core at this point. We got ours before anything got too wet but it cost several thousand to have fixed properly.
Along the insides of the hull, from the engine room aft are what i will call 'cable boards'. These are plywood about a foot high and are for attaching cable and wires to. Ours had become unglued and were hanging from the cables, pretty much doing the opposite of what there were installed to do.
If your boat has a sink in the cockpit check the drain hose at the thru hull, ours chafed on the something right at the thruhull (exhaust elbow I think)

Other than that we haven't had any problems. Ran it down from NJ last November, nice ride! Does your have the two cabin layout or a lower helm? Best of luck!

Return to “New Member Introductions”