• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

completion of the bridge project

Boatmon

completion of the bridge project

Post by Boatmon »

So, with much help and guidance from a dear friend the project is completed. And here are the photos of the Awlgrip paint job on the bridge.......it just ensured that the whole cabin gets painted next fall. The hull is actually coming back fairly nice with wet sanding and buffing.
before & after 002.jpg
before & after 008.jpg
before & after 009.jpg
before & after 010.jpg
before & after 011.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Re: completion of the bridge project

Post by yhc »

Wow...very impressive! Great job, Michael.
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Despacio »

Wow, that really looks good.

My bridge is my next project. I'm not going to pull mine off, just paint it in place.
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Despacio wrote:Wow, that really looks good.

My bridge is my next project. I'm not going to pull mine off, just paint it in place.
Ours was off from shipping but was glued and screwed in-place then glassed in, then the DuraGlass, then the marine filler, more filler, more filler, primer, light weight spot putty, two coats of Awlgrip, then two coats of blue. And again, I can only take minimal credit as we had lots of help and wisdom shared with us on this project. Next year we hope to do the cabin, and ultimately the hull too, but it be fine for awhile.

Return to “36/37/40/43”