• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow jewelry

Boatmon

Bow jewelry

Post by Boatmon »

Our bowsprit, it like so much needed some attention, so a friend of mine fabricated a "sheath" to cover the plank. It goes from the front of the anchor winch out and over the front, the sides are covered, and the bottom side out over the bow is also covered. I hoped that it would help, but I never would have guessed that a little stainless could make such a huge difference.
misc 001.jpg
misc 003.jpg
misc 004.jpg
misc 005.jpg
Little by little we are making progress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: Bow jewelry

Post by joe.baar »

This is soooo elegant. How lucky you are to have a friend who can do work like this.

Any ideas about why anchor rollers usually rotate on a bolt and locknut instead of using a clevis pin and clip ring? The idea of having threads on a stainless connection exposed to salt water gives me the willies but I'm not finding any examples to the contrary.

Nice work.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
Boatmon

Re: Bow jewelry

Post by Boatmon »

Our back pin is as you described, but the forward roller....was sized up on the steel bolt and wouldn't budge. After much negotiating, some heat and a grinder it finally came out. So what I did was bought a 3/4" stainless bolt and acorn nut, then I had a local machine shop drill a hole down the center to just beyond the 1/2 way point, then an intersecting hole at what would be the center of the roller, then tapped the bolt head for a zerk fitting and pumped full of synthetic grease after assembly. It was the best idea that I could come up with. BUT, as I said the original bolt was just steel....

Return to “36/37/40/43”