• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Water in front bilge of A25

Albin's "power cruisers"
aspear
Gold Member
Gold Member

Water in front bilge of A25

Post by aspear »

I have a 1975 Albin AC in Rockport Tx. From time-to-time, I find small amout of water in the front bildge. Just enough for a few pumps of the manual bildge pump handle. All of my through-hulls are closed. I can't figure out where the water is coming from.

Andy spear
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Water in front bildge of A25

Post by leprof31 »

My brother had the same problem... the water was from boat domestic water system in the front cabin... the toilet was leaking by gravity. It was an easy fix. Wish you best with that problem.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: Water in front bildge of A25

Post by joe.baar »

An otherwise knowledgeable friend suggested I taste the bilgewater to determine its origin - fresh being from rain or plumbing, salt from all the other holes in the boat if you aren't in a river or lake. leprof31's reply has made me re-think my friend's advice a little - but I guess if you don't swallow it should be OK.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”