• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

In process of buying an Albin 34 hardtop

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

In process of buying an Albin 34 hardtop

Post by Gunny »

Hello to all. Just joined AOG and find there is a wealth of knowledge within the group. Recently sold my sailing cat an AmeriCat 3014. I am getting into the cruising and find I have done my time under sail and a friend steered me to Albin. Initially I was tempted by the 27's and looked at some beautiful boats. Also some that were sadly neglected. Another friend ( need to stay away from friends ) said if I was going to go to an Albin I was missing out by not looking at the 34,s. Of course he knew where a few were. One look and I was sold. Awaiting survey results and the inevitale. Once again owning what I have sworn would be my last boat. Or did the wife swear at me? Ha! :D
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: In process of buying an Albin 34 hardtop

Post by jcollins »

Gunny,
Welcome to AOG. Good luck on your suvey and purchase. Post some pics of your new boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

Gunny,

My husband and I bought an A 34 last October and are in the process of gutting and "Newing" her for what we want to do. There is now a new section for 34 owners in the Classic Trawler section under sub heading A 34. Ours has the fly bridge with extended deck and bench seating. We fell for the incredible amount of living area in the fore cabin with the galley down and enormous living space in the salon. We will be berthed in Westbrook - where will you be located? Marcy
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
Gunny
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Gunny »

If I am able to get the survey finished as the weather in MD is holding me up, I may be the proud owner . When all is said and done she will be berthed at Ashley River Marina in downtown Charleston , SC. The boat is about what you have described of yours. The fly bridge and the salon sold me as well as the aft cabin. Hopefully next week the weather will clear up and it will be possible to put her in the water and finish the survey.I agree that the fore cabin is neat as well. Wish me luck.

Return to “New Member Introductions”