• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Casco Bay
Mate
Mate

Introduction

Post by Casco Bay »

I wnated to offer a thank you to AOG. I started looking to purchase an Albin 28 over a year ago. I found your forum and found it very helpful. I happy to report that we found a boat and am going to be looking to move her to Maine. Does anyone know a good boat hauler?
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Introduction

Post by zinbaad »

Welcome to AOG. Check out & follow Rics posts in the "Cruising" forums. I think there is some info on haulers if you follow it.Good luck & again Welcome
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Casco Bay,
There isn't much that feels better than a new boat! Congratulations. Welcome to AOG.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Congratulations!! You don't say where you found your new boat. Where will you be moving it from? We moved our new-to-us 31' from Florida to Maryland last year. We had a good mover, no glitches, it happened very quickly. Our mover is from Maryland and he was able to get a one-way down to Florida, which helped, so you're best off with a mover who's "local" at one end or the other.

KathyN
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Move

Post by RicM »

May I ask what you paid for FL to MD?

RicM
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

We paid $3,000, and it was shipped with radar arch up but equipment lowered and secured but not disconnected. With the price of fuel, we felt it was a good price, and he did an excellent job.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Well that's interesting. I paid $3700 for RI to South FL (Jensen Beach, near Stuart), and I was questioning whether I got a good price. It would appear so.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Yes, indeed you did; Rhode Island is a lot farther from Florida than Maryland is!! Of course we shipped a 31 with twin 370s. Interesting to see the range in price. I think many people don't think of shipping as an option, but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, if there were a reason. We simply didn't have the time to move the boat on her bottom (maybe someday we'll make that trip, but in a leisurely fashion! :D ). And I don't believe it would have been any cheaper to do so.

KathyN
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shipping

Post by RicM »

Yes, weight has a lot to do with it, also the fees from states that you travel through etc. Plus I shared the truck with another boat, a 21 ft Whaler. My cocktail napkin figures were such that it was going to cost me about $3000 for fuel and dockage, not to mention food etc. Then there was 3 weeks out of work, which costs me a lot (I'm a commercial photographer and bill by the hour). No work no income. Shipping ended up being a money saver. Hope to do it again next season.
Ric Murray

Wickford RI

Return to “New Member Introductions”