• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New In Noank

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
barbco228
Gold Member
Gold Member

New In Noank

Post by barbco228 »

We have one of the last Albin 35 Command Bridge boats built (2006). We had a 28 ft prior to this and after looking at many other brands, the only boat that fit our requirements was the 35 CB. Needless to say we love it! We spend most of our time cruising between New York and Newport. We took our boat through the Cape Cod Canal for the first time. We left in really rough seas in Buzzards Bay and were very pleased how the boat handled!We are looking forward to meeting other Albin members and trading stories and information.

Dave and Barb Paternostro
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: New In Noank

Post by Veebyes2 »

You have one of a very rare breed. I Always wanted to have a look at one & was very disappointed when one was not at the Annapolis Show some years back.

To me it is the very successful 32+2 on steroids. An excellent fisher/cruiser or cruiser/fisher, whichever is your priority. Like the 32+2 it stands out from the ho hum crowd of look alike SFs & cruisers, something many Albins do.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. The 35 CB is a great boat. Always admired them.

Once again, Welcome Aboard!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

Congrats on your 35 CB. I bought a slightly older 35 CB -- 2005 -- last winter. My wife and I brought it back from Michigan to Rhode Island via Lake Erie, the Erie Canal and Hudson River and we were delighted by the boat's performance and livability. Unfortunately we haven't had much time to cruise since we got back at the end of June.

Is your 35 CB the single-stateroom layout with a queen berth forward? What engine do you have? We have the 440 Yanmar and I am very pleased with it -- I can cruise easily at 18-19 knots and the motor seems to be quite smooth and quiet.

Do you cruise with a dinghy? My next big project and expense this coming winter will be to add a dinghy and dinghy davits to our 35 CB. I am leaning toward full davits rather than the Weaver flip-up system because I would prefer to leave the outboard on the dinghy all the time. However, I am open to suggestions and would love to hear how other Albin owners have equipped their boats. I like certain aspects of the Walker Bay dinghies but again I would love to hear experiences of other Albin owners.

We should get together if you come to Newport -- I keep my boat OTTER right across the bay in Jamestown. Have you tried overnighting in Jamestown? There are several pretty good restaurants close to the waterfront and Conanicut Marine Services offers both marina slips and moorings with launch service.

Congrats again -- the 35 CB is a terrific boat.

John Schieffelin
Jamestown, RI
2005 35 CB OTTER
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Welcome Noank!!
If you see "Attitude Adjustment" hangin out at Nap some day come over to say hello.
We normally hang out on the west end near the osprey nest.
We have a "classic***" 40.
Jay

*** meaning lots of work
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
barbco228
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by barbco228 »

Thanks "Attitude Adjustment" we are at Nap fairly frequently and will definitely look you up; as I hope you will if you see us!

Return to “New Member Introductions”