• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Window Shade

jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Window Shade

Post by jumpjet231 »

Has anyone found window shades that fit the 28 TE? My neighbor's Sabre has nice fitting shades and I suppose it's a good idea instead of baking in the sun.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Window Shade

Post by zinbaad »

I have been thinking the same thing. I have been looking for a tinted tilt down visor style like in a car that would still compliment the dash area, but still looking 8)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

We've got the suction cup pull down variety. I think my wife got them at Target.
They work pretty good for what they are. Not fancy, but functional. Keeps the sun off the little one pretty well and I can still see through them underway.
They roll up out of the way when not needed.

Cloth shades that are on a track (installed) in my opinion would make it harder to clean and would probably be a mildew accumulator on a 28 since the pilothouse is kind of exposed to the elements.
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

It seems to me that it would be terrific to have shades while cruising and/or staying aboard at night, just for the added privacy. My sister had shades that snapped on the outside for her Bayliner; window covers, really, but not absolutely solid. They doubled as screens when the big windows were open. It's a feature I'd like to add to the 31TE we've just purchased so I will follow this thread with interest! We plan to go to the Power Boat Show in Annapolis this fall, and that's one of the things I will be shopping for.

KathyN
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

My sometimes thrifty mate came up with this idea for the hatch windows down below. They provide great privacy while in the marina, and still let plenty of light in. Easy to cut out the shape of the window, and just peal it off if you want to look out.

http://www.homedepot.com/Decor-Window-T ... ogId=10053
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Post by craw_daddy »

On mine I have shade screens that can snap in if desired from the outside, like when I am at the dock or anchor. They are made from a colored shade cloth that matches my canvas & hull.
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Craw_daddy--where did you get the snap in shades?

KathyN
craw_daddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Key Largo, FL

Post by craw_daddy »

they came with my boat, but most canvas shops can get it. They just hem it, attach snaps & install snap mates around the window. I put some clear PTFE lube on the snaps to make sure the kids can remove them easily.

Here is a vendor link: http://www.thenaturalhome.com/shadecloth.htm

I have the dark green that matches everything else (sunbrella canvas & hull).
2006 28te 'Grace Full'
Key Largo, FL
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KathyN »

Thanks, craw_daddy.........will check that out! It looks terrific.

KathyN

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”