• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member; still shopping

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
KathyN
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Member; still shopping

Post by KathyN »

Hi All,

I just joined the group and have already learned quite a bit just checking previous posts on the site. My husband and I are still shopping for our Albin; either a 28 TE Flush Deck or a 31 TE. We will be cruising the Chesapeake Bay area in her, and will want a generator for those really hot nights at anchor. We really like the seat layout in the pilot house of the 31, and the fact that they all seem to have a generator. On the other hand, we like the 3'2" draft of the 28 for getting up some of those creeks on the bay. Still haven't decided but will announce with pleasure when we find the right one!!

KathyN
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Member; still shopping

Post by zinbaad »

I just love my 31,,,liked to 28 so much but knowing my personality the 31te was the choice for me.. (to many purchases that I shoulda, coulda only to buy what I wanted to begin with.. I bought it without the genny & air and had it installed later on.. Good luck on your choices
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member; still shopping

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. Your right. The extra 8" of draft does make a difference in the creeks off the Chesapeake. The 28 does just fine for the two of us. Plus two dogs.
I carry a Honda portable and a portable AC unit. I have never run the AC at night on the hook because there seems to be a decent breeze and I'm paranoid about CO.
In a marina we are on shore power and use it there on those really hot nights. We spent 4 night on the boat last week and used the AC one of them. The second night I just ran the fan.
Whatever you decide it's a great boat and you will be happy. Where do you boat? We're in the Middle River / Gunpowder area.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”