• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28 te quarter berth

special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

28 te quarter berth

Post by special k »

as a prospective buyer of a 28te i have a question.
i am an avid fisherman and keep many rods onboard my boat. is the quarter berth deep enough to serve as a rod storage area?
during my inspection of an '03 motor box i forgot to check this out. i can easily have more than a dozen rods (inshore) kept on my boat.
what do you guys do for rod storage? the pilot house seemed too small for overhead racks with rods averaging 7 feet in length.

all input appreciated......mk
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Re: 28 te quarter berth

Post by Russell »

If you search on rod storage you will find that owners have employed several different solutions to this problem. Some have overhead storage racks in the pilothouse, cabin, or quarter berth. I started by just laying them in the quarter berth but then built a rack to store them crosswise forward of the V berth. When I have too many aboard they just sit on the cabin sole leaning against the V berth.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Re: 28 te quarter berth

Post by Albinflorida »

The quarter berth is 6'3"on either model. Some people put racks in the roof above the quarter berth, or just lay them down.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”