• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

dockside water 28te

special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

dockside water 28te

Post by special k »

am actively seeking a late model albin 28.
do these boats come with pressurized water via dockside supply hose hook-up?
or do you have to run the 12v pump even at dock?
any of the boats i am considering will still require customizing work to make it mine, just want to keep it to a minimum.

thanks, mick
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: dockside water 28te

Post by Carl »

It is not a "standard feature". As you will see during your search, they can all be outfitted differently. I had the dockside inlet installed, and have used it a few times. What I find myself doing some of the time is useing up the water in the tank and then refilling before leaving the dock. This tends to cycle the water in the tank since the dock hook up bypasses the tank. If you dont use the water in the tank, it tends to take on some rather unpleasent odors.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I have the dockside water on my 28TE. I always use it when my wife and kids are asleep down below to avoid the noise of the cycling pump.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

I have the dockside water hookup on my 03' 28TE also, and it is very useful when cruising although not a neccesity. I think most of the later ones came with it. Always check the actual boat you are looking at for it, however. Brokers tend to copy and paste the list of features from wherever they can find it without looking at the actual boat. Most later 28TE came with a saltwater wash down and it was listed in the ad and description of my boat. There was even a switch on the helm panel marked "saltwater washdown". The first time I went fishing on my new (to me) boat I flipped on the switch and went looking for the hose and couldn't find it. Called the broker and he said the previous owner never fished and didn't order it! The switch was live and the wiring all pre-installed, but I had to buy a pump and install the line and a fitting at the transom. I had closed in January, so 6 months later I really couldn't go back for $200 in parts. Every boat is different, there is NO standard model!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

thanks all for the replies.

mk