• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Porthole Leak

jerseyalbin

Porthole Leak

Post by jerseyalbin »

I thought I had everything looking pretty good but with all the rain last week , here in NJ , i got a new project. I have 2 leaky portholes on the port side.
I have the stainless ones and the boat is a 2005 28TE. I think I need to take them out and recaulk and seal them. Have never done this and was looking for some guidance. Is this an easy project? I tried tightening first and it is reduced but still there. It looks like the gasket at the window is solid and not the cause.
It seems to be coming in under the metal plate and dripping down the liner. There are 8 screws on the inside, what do I find when I remove the inner plate? Is all the pressure holding them in supplied by those screw on the inside?

Thanks for any help or encouragement you can supply!
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Porthole Leak

Post by jumpjet231 »

I have the same problem on my '04. I ran a bead of black silicone along the gasket/window to see if it was in fact the gasket or the porthole. No more leaks. I'll replace the gasket when I figure out who makes them.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
jerseyalbin

Re: Porthole Leak

Post by jerseyalbin »

thanks it is certainly worth a try compared to getting the old one out, mine are Bomar Stainless steel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”