• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anchor Locker hinges

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

stevediebold
First Mate
First Mate

Anchor Locker hinges

Post by stevediebold »

The two hinges on my 2003 35 CB anchor locker have corroded and broke. Does anyone know the manufacturer of these hinges. They have three screw holes on each part of the hinge and on the back it says Portugal and 4. Any help is much appreciated,
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Anchor Locker hinges

Post by JackK »

Just looking at photos of my anchor locker ... this looks like what is installed in mine.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/us ... ound+Hinge

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Andiamo
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Anchor Locker hinges on 35 CB

Post by Andiamo »

I have the same problem, but the link is no longer valid. Also, I believe the round hinges are for the 28 TE. My CB has 3" X 1.5" chromed zinc hinges that are trapezoidal, and I can't find any replacements with the right hole spacing. If anyone knows the manufacturer (mine also indicate they were made in Portugal), please let me know.

Thanks!

Don
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Don, I noticed "Andiamo" at the boatyard on Hwy 411. I go by there almost daily. Mt 27 FC is located just south of her where the hwy crosses the Little TN River at Sequoyah Landing. I have a LOT of marine hardware, leftovers from my days at Rybovich in WPB, FL. Give me a call and we can get together.(865) 233-3621. Ben
Andiamo
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Andiamo »

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately, I have a different Andiamo, in Marblehead, MA, so just put her in the water last week. Nevertheless, it's good to meet another owner! Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any thoughts about the hardware.

Thanks,

Don
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Don, That's pretty rare to have 2 28TE's with the same name. Sorry you're not nearby. Post a picture of the hinge and I'll see if I have some. I have a lot of hardware that came off of older boats or was leftover from a job. Rybovich used to work on smaller vessels up until about 2005, when they said " nothing under 85' ". Ben
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I don't know what your hinges look like but this company supplied some of the hardware for Albin. I know the cleats and rod holders were from here.

http://www.prime-industries.com/products.html
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Some times things just turn up, I needed hinges for my engine compartment on 27 FC. Searched on line and found nothing. Stop by a small discount marine store to just nose around, showed them one of my hinges and the lady says look on such an such rack, they are right there. Sure enough, walked out with 4 perfect matched stainless steel hinges for 28 dollars. Worth a try. Thanks, Mark.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”