• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

replacing my starboard running light bulb

Saltdog
First Mate
First Mate

replacing my starboard running light bulb

Post by Saltdog »

I own a 2001 28 TE.

Can anybody tell me how the running lights come off so that I can change the bulb. Mine only has one small screw. When I loosened it it did not seem to release the light fixture. I thought before I applied brute force I would ask for some advice.

Thank you in advance
><{{{*>
Rx-scape
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bodega Bay, CA

Re: replacing my starboard running light bulb

Post by Rx-scape »

The lens slides up after the screw is removed, it can be cooked on so a LITTLE pry will help.
it seems there is a seal of some kind so usually does not leak.
I had to change them twice last fall , boat had to be towed by coasties from 20mi up the coast
seas 9 to 12 feet both running lights were full of water and lights were blown.
last crabbing trip was rough to recover pots and filled them again blowing the bulbs.
Rx-scape TE 28
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

On my 28TE there is a small phillips screw at the bottom of the fixture. Loosen that and the housing is then hanging on two upward pointing prongs. Rotate the bottom up and outboard and then lift off the two prongs. These fittings and bulbs are a giant pain in the keister. On my last boat I replaced the running lights with LED versions. They were costly, about $50 ea if I remember correctly, but you never need to buy another bulb and they were sealed. Has anyone seen an LED version of the Albin lights?
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I found this site last night. I haven't had a chance to see if they have a replacement bulb.

http://www.contoure.com/Products/pc/vie ... ategory=17
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Saltdog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Saltdog »

Rxscape: Thanks for the info.

What caused you to have to be towed in (I hate to think about things like that)?
><{{{*>
Rx-scape
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bodega Bay, CA

Post by Rx-scape »

The LED replacement would be Ideal I will be looking what there is. The bulbs are not cheap either.
The tow was a alternator belt broke went around the pulley and caused the other one to break. I was not aboard but the weather
turned rough, Went from 5 k wind and 5 to 6 foot seas to 45 k and 60 gusts in about 5 minutes. I had spare belts on board but with the
weather and my son and friends had not changed belts. It is not easy the 1st time at the dock.
Rx-scape 28 TE
Saltdog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Saltdog »

Thanks for the help on the light. It worked just as you stated. I suppose I should have been able to figure that out, but I didn't want to force it without knowing how it worked.
><{{{*>

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”