• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

generator

BOUNTY
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FLORIDA

generator

Post by BOUNTY »

I have a 2005 Flushdeck 28TE. I would like to add a generator. I have looked at Entec and Nextgen. Does anyone have experience or knowledge in installing on a 28TE. Where is the best location for installation. I would appreciate any coments on various units.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: generator

Post by Pitou »

I cannot comment on the install for a flush deck but, I do have the Entec 4kw and am very happy with its performance now that I made the corrections form a bad install :evil: by the "old" Albin entity. Great unit and great customer service from EntecWest! :D
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Jack28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jack28 »

Do you have any pictures of your install? JACK
"AHLUVOIL"
2001 28TE
Westbrook.CT
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Jack28 wrote:Do you have any pictures of your install? JACK
I do not ... will be happy to take some for you over the next coming week.

My genset is mounted on the centerline beneath the wheelhouse, fairly tight & perpendicular to the forward bulkhead just as I begin step down into the cabin / forward of the helm & companion seat and astearn of the bulkhead. Pretty sure your motor and tranny are more forward than my engine box model. Give the new Albin company a call and ask where they install the Entec that they offer in the 28 FlushDeck.

Here is a link to the Entec manual. With the sound enclosure things are pretty quiet.http://www.entecwest.com/downloads/operating.pdf
Call Dave Oostman at Entec and have him fax you the install instructions with dimensions or I have them and would be happy to e-mail them to you if you send me an e-mail address.

I'll snap some pictures soon.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Bradenton, FL

Post by Albinflorida »

The large box, which raises hydraulicaly, aft of the engine, will either have to be removed or cut down to accomodate a generator. The generator on factory models, was installed gunnel to gunnel aft in this space. The factory had a half box which gave you half of a storage box, forward, and the generator was installed aft of this. You might call Shamrock and see if they have this mold. It really makes a nice installation.
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Albinflorida »

BOUNTY wrote:I have a 2005 Flushdeck 28TE. I would like to add a generator. I have looked at Entec and Nextgen. Does anyone have experience or knowledge in installing on a 28TE. Where is the best location for installation. I would appreciate any coments on various units.

Both are good units. You can use only low profile generators. We have installed several of the Phasor generators, which seem to work fine. The Entec, which the factory used, and Next Gen should work fine, if they fit. You won't need more than a 2.2 or 3.5KW to run the A/C
http://www.phasormarine.com/generators.htm
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

How about taking out the port side fish box and installing there? I too am looking at a genset.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
Albinflorida
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Albinflorida »

With the slope of the hull I don't think that spot would be deep enough. That kind of weight is best on the center line. You can get the deminsions on line and measure, but we have never put one there. Good luck
Doug J
Edwards Yacht Sales
941-504-0790

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”