• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2005 28 TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
BOUNTY
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FLORIDA

2005 28 TE

Post by BOUNTY »

I have just purchased a 2005 28TE with a Volvo D6-310 after looking at 9 28TE. I will be operating it out of Jacksonville, Florida. I would appreciate any comment on the Volvo. I have operated boats for more than 45 years. This is a great forum and I will review it regularly
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: 2005 28 TE

Post by jcollins »

BOUNTY wrote:I have just purchased a 2005 28TE with a Volvo D6-310 after looking at 9 28TE. I will be operating it out of Jacksonville, Florida. I would appreciate any comment on the Volvo. I have operated boats for more than 45 years. This is a great forum and I will review it regularly
Bounty,
Welcome aboard. Glad to hear you found "your" boat. Volvo instead of Peninsular? That's o.k., we won't hold it against you. The Volvo is a good engine. Did you sea-trial one with the Pensinsular? I'm curious which is louder. I have been on one with the Yanmar. Quiet compared to mine.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
BOUNTY
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: GREEN COVE SPRINGS, FLORIDA

Re: 2005 28 TE

Post by BOUNTY »

I have tried all 4. The Yanmar was the most quiet. The Cummins seemed the loudest. I think the Volvo was not as loud as the peninsular, but they were close. I am somewhat deaf, so my opinion has little value.

Return to “New Member Introductions”